The following tips will assist you in bringing down your costs while simultaneously keeping up with your air conditioning unit’s maintenance. Appropriate upkeep of your air conditioning system will help you save time and money in the future:
- Keep your vents clean and away from residue and obstacles. A dirty vent or register will restrict airflow and will force your air conditioning system to work a lot harder.
- Make sure the Air Handler drain is not clogged. If you detect a leak, call your air conditioning specialist immediately. This is usually an inexpensive repair. A licensed technician will drain and unclog the system completely and detect if a flow switch needs to be installed in order to avoid future drain clogs and leaks.
- Check your compressor (outside unit) and make sure there is nothing placed next to it, lawn chairs, tables, trees, or trash that may be restricting airflow.
- Have an authorized air conditioning specialist Tune up your air conditioning system twice a year to avoid issues and expand the life of your cooling system. This is especially important as the outside temperature increases to prepare the unit for the hot summer months.
- Clean or replace your filters monthly. Time flies and replacing your air conditioner filter is often something easy to forget, however, it is extremely important to maintain your unit working properly and avoid clogs. At the end of the day, besides your unit working properly, changing your filter regularly will also allow you to help provide better air quality for your family.
- Try raising the temperature of the thermostat to above 76 degrees especially when no one is home. This will help you save on energy costs. You can also invest in a programmable WIFI Thermostat that allows you to control the unit away from your home.
- Lastly, we encourage you to invest in a proactive maintenance program. This allows an air conditioning specialist to come to your home or business, replace your filter regularly, provide regular tune ups and detect possible issues that if diagnosed on time will save you on additional excessive repair costs in the future.
Hopefully, you gained some valuable knowledge from this post. If you have any further questions or would like to have one of our technicians come out and give you a free quote, please feel free to contact us at (305) 967-4684 or visit our website https://AirNewSolutions.com.